Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Runner's "Gift" I Could Do Without

I just received my December Runner's World magazine yesterday because it had to get forwarded from my previous address.  I always find RW a great motivator and even more so this month because this edition is the Readers Issue focusing on the average RW reader.  It's also a good issue to look to for tips on staying motivated during the holidays.  Anyway, the real reason I was compelled to write today was because of an ad I saw in RW.  It's on the holiday gift guide page and I have to say it's a  gift that I wouldn't find a use for.
www.myswih.com


 
My apologies to the company but I just don't find this practical even if the site is called "So What It's Hot".  It is not hot and I don't ever intend to purchase this product.  It doesn't help that the video on the website features a man who is wearing too much makeup and/or someone else's face.

Yesterday's run was a good one.  I almost put it off because of the tornado watch and the thunderstorms but I decided to go to the gym during a lull in the storm.  The treadmill isn't my first choice when it comes to running but at least on a treadmill I don't have to worry about getting lost, traffic, small woodland creatures, or assailants (or encountering small woodland creatures that are assailants while lost in the woods in an attempt to avoid traffic).  I also get to zone out to music.  I wanted to do a 5 mile  run, but to make it more interesting I decided to do hill intervals varying between 0.5% for the easy/downhill portions and as much as 4.5% on the uphill portions.  The day before yesterday I had used the treadmill for a walk/run workout and varied the incline some on that too.  So, I think I'm done with hill work this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment